We are delighted to be able to welcome you again to the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is of great importance to us and, in line with guidance from the authorities, we have developed a comprehensive hygiene and safety concept to provide you with the safest and most enjoyable experience possible. Before your visit, we ask that you read about our general hygiene and safety measures as well as the special measures we have implemented for the exhibition and the planetarium.
By working together and all observing guidelines, we can protect each other, reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the ESO Supernova, and other such visitor attractions, can be enjoyed safely by as many people as possible.
General hygiene and safety measures :
- Wearing FFP2 masks (visitors aged 16 years and older) is compulsory in the ESO Supernova (age 6-15 years: mouth-nose-cover mandatory; below age 6 years: mouth-nose-cover recommended).
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the building.
- Building is equipped with a highly effective ventilation system.
- Enhanced cleaning especially of the contact surfaces and the planetarium.
- ALL visits must be booked in advance (even free of charge self-guided visits to the exhibition).
- Online booking only for groups with less than 7 people possible.
- Limited number of visitors per day.
- No guided tours are possible at the moment.
- Physical distancing of 2m.
- Limitation of the number of people in certain areas (restrooms, exhibition cinema, picnic area, shop).
- One-way system in the whole building.
- Change of opening hours:
- Wednesday-Friday: from 09:00-12:30 and from 13:30-17:00 (if you want to visit us in the morning and in the afternoon you'll need to book a ticket for both slots)
- Weekend: from 12:00-17:00
- Please stay at home if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Entrance only with prior booked free entrance ticket or planetarium ticket valid for the same morning or afternoon.
- Entrance ticket is valid the whole morning or afternoon starting from the time indicated on the ticket .
- Wearing masks is mandatory (see general hygiene and safety measures ).
- Observe one-way system, distance regulations and floor marks to avoid clustering.
- Sanitise your hands before using any hands-on exhibits.
- Online advance booking of planetarium tickets is essential.
- Our booking system automatically blocks 2 seats either side of the reserved seats to ensure required distancing between each household.
- Wearing masks during the show is mandatory (see general hygiene and safety measures ).
- Observe distance regulation during entrance and exit of the planetarium.
- Be at ESO Supernova on time and listen for the announcements of staff for the start of the planetarium entrance to ensure a safe and smooth entry to the planetarium.
If you have questions regarding your visit to ESO Supernova please have a look at our FAQs page. For the protection of others and for the protection of our employees, we reserve the right to draw your attention to violations of the regulations and, if necessary, to remove you from the building.