We are delighted to welcome you to the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre. The health and safety of our visitors and staff is of great importance to us and we have developed a comprehensive hygiene and safety concept to provide you with the safest and most enjoyable experience possible. Before your visit, we ask that you read about our general hygiene and safety measures as well as the special measures we have implemented for the exhibition and the planetarium.
By working together and all observing guidelines, we can protect each other, reduce the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the ESO Supernova, and other such visitor attractions, can be enjoyed safely by as many people as possible.
General hygiene and safety measures :
- We still strongly recommend also wearing a mask while exploring the exhibition or visiting the planetarium. However, the mask requirement is no longer applicable.
- Please stay at home if you feel unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Please respect other visitors by maintaining distancing in the exhibition.
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the building.
- The building is equipped with a highly effective ventilation system.
- Enhanced cleaning especially of the contact surfaces and the planetarium.
- Change of opening hours:
- Wednesday-Friday: from 09:00-12:30 and from 13:30-17:00 (from 13 April: 09:00-17:00)
- Weekend: from 12:00-17:00
- Wearing masks is recommended (see general hygiene and safety measures ).
- Sanitise your hands before using any hands-on exhibits.
- Online advance booking of planetarium tickets is essential.
- Wearing masks during the show is recommended (see general hygiene and safety measures ).
- Be at ESO Supernova on time and listen for the announcements of staff for the start of the planetarium entrance to ensure a safe and smooth entry to the planetarium.
If you have questions regarding your visit to ESO Supernova please have a look at our FAQs page. For the protection of others and for the protection of our employees, we reserve the right to draw your attention to violations of the regulations and, if necessary, to remove you from the building.