The ESO Supernova Vision.
To achieve the vision, the ES will:
- Engage our visitors as participants.
- Design unforgettable, curriculum-based learning experiences.
- Use Big Data in astronomy to bring front-line science to people through innovative and authentic science visualizations.
- Bring ESO’s front-line observing facilities in the southern hemisphere closer to Europeans.
- Create connections locally and globally: People ↔ Science; Culture ↔ Astronomy, Local ↔ Global, North ↔ South, Mankind ↔ the Universe.
The ESO Supernova Mission.
Our mission is guided by the following values:
- Inspiration — We want people to feel inspired by science.
- Engagement — We want people to engage with science.
- Authenticity — We are close to the science, and present science and the scientific work process accurately.
- Innovation — We always strive to find innovative ways to teach science.
- Connection — We want ESO Supernova to be a bridge that creates connections on many levels.
The ESO Supernova Values.