The Universe is our playground. Working for the ESO Supernova can be a rewarding, motivational and inspiring job. If you wish to join our team, please check our recruitment page regularly. If you would like to send in an unsolicited application, please submit your CV.
ESO Supernova is an excellent place to sky rocket your skills! We are looking for skills in astronomy communication and education, public speaking, guided tours, children’s activities, planetarium show presentation, working as a public information officer, and graphic design. Working at ESO Supernova offers you the chance to work as part of a team of world-class professionals to learn how to communicate science to the public.
ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre relies heavily on the help of its valuable volunteers, especially after the opening in Spring 2018!
At the moment we have various tasks, most of which can be done remotely, that we are seeking voluntary assistance with. The types of task available are as follows:
- Administrative tasks
- Programming/technical tasks
- Science communication tasks
- Audience research tasks
There will be more tasks as we progress through the development of the ESO Supernova.
In early 2018 we will also be looking for volunteers who can assist by:
- Acting as tour guides in the exhibition
- Presenting planetarium shows
- Giving public talks
As an international organisation, our working language is English, so we ask that our volunteers are able to communicate in English.
As an ESO Supernova volunteer you will enjoy several benefits:
- Infopack with branded materials (polo, pin, cap, mug, etc.)
- VIP access to guided tours for you and five friends or family members.
- 10 VIP entrance passes to regular shows from 2018.
- 20% discount in the ESOshop.
- Certificate of recognition signed by the ESO Supernova Coordinator and ESO Head of Outreach.
- Letter of recommendation from the Head of education and Public Outreach Department.
- Public recognition on our website.
If you want to join our team of volunteers, fill out the form below. We will then contact you when we have an opportunity for volunteers. Depending on your skills and interests you will be given tasks as small or as big as you can take.