ann20006 — Announcement
Drawing competition to celebrate two years of ESO Supernova
24 April 2020
On 28 April 2020, we celebrate two years since the ESO Supernova opened its doors to the public. Our anniversary comes at a time when the centre is closed due to the current global context, but we would still like to mark the event by organising an online drawing competition. Our visitors are what makes the ESO Supernova shine and, in a time when we cannot welcome you here, we would love to discover what memories you have from your experiences with us.
We invite you to colour in!
If you wish to switch roles and be the ones presenting the ESO Supernova to us, then sign up for the competition! To participate, Like and Follow our Facebook Page, then download this .pdf file, print it and colour the outline of our building and also draw your impressions from your visit in the empty space. Next, post a photo of your creation on our Facebook Page, as a visitor post, using the hashtag #SuperBirthday. If you’d like, please also include the city from where you are.
The competition is open from 24 April until 10 May 2020. At the end of the competition, we will select the three lucky winners using a random draw. Each winner will be contacted with a private message on Facebook and are kindly asked to answer within 7 days. Please check the full Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to anyone who has visited the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre and who has a valid Facebook account and respects the platforms’ rules.
- To participate you must post an image of your drawing using this .pdf file on our Facebook page and use #SuperBirthday. Optionally, you can mention your city.
- The deadline for the drawing submission is 10 May 2020.
- People working for ESO and the ESO Supernova and their immediate family and household can participate, but are not eligible to win.
- The ESO Supernova team will randomly select three winners from all the submissions
- The ESO Supernova team will contact the winners with a private Facebook message. Make sure to also check the section “New message request” in your Facebook Messenger.
- The winner should reply by providing us with a valid address where we can send the prizes.
- If we do not receive a reply within 7 days, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be randomly chosen.
- By entering the competition, you authorise the ESO Supernova to publish your drawing, name and your city (where available) on our website and in other promotional material when publishing the result of the competition.
- The prize consists of one item from the following: ESO Memo game, a Helix Nebula ESO Mug and an ESO Puzzle.
- The decisions of ESO Supernova team on all matters related to the competition are final.
- The ESO Supernova reserves the right to cancel or modify this competition or its terms at any time.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Any personal information shared with us during this competition will be used for the sole purpose of the contest.
- By entering this competition, you agree with all the conditions and terms stated above.
The ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre
The ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre is a cooperation between the European Southern Observatory (ESO) and the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (HITS). The building is a donation from the Klaus Tschira Stiftung (KTS), a German foundation, and ESO runs the facility.
ESO Supernova Coordinator
Garching bei München, Germany