Become a Universe Partner
Universe partners contribute most significantly to keeping the ESO Supernova Planetarium & Visitor Centre open to the public and free. Their contribution of 250 000 €/year is a direct investment in the community, allowing the organisation to offer an immersive and engaging experience with science and technology, inspiring coming generations to appreciate and understand the Universe around us and our planet. In return, Universe partners enjoy our full package of benefits, ranging from making use of the building for their projects and events to engaging with our visitors in meaningful ways. As part of the corporate partnership, we also offer exclusive logo and brand exposure to our partners.
ESO enjoys a special status in Germany as an intergovernmental organisation. Donations to the ESO Supernova are therefore tax deductible in Germany. Similar tax deductions can be investigated on a case-by-case basis for other ESO Member States.
Universe partners will gain the following yearly benefits:
- Business benefits
- Free use of the full building for 2 days
- Special event in the Void at no renting cost 4 times
- Free use of the Void and exhibition for TV interviews etc. 6 times
- Free use of the seminar rooms 6 times
- Private use of planetarium for shows, own presentations, data visualisation etc. at no cost 8 times per year
- Use of ESO's top archive of images and videos (many in up to Ultra HD resolution) for product presentations
- Employees and community benefits
- Exclusive/off-hours behind-the-scenes tour in exhibition for 30 persons
- Invitation to special screenings 3 times
- 20% discount in the ESOshop
- Top Management benefits
- VIP visit to ESO's observatories in Chile for 2 persons
- Receive a VIP plaque (once)
- Receive a VIP mounted image, signed by the Director General (once)
- ESO infopack
- Visibility benefits
- Your byline on materials (where possible): ESO Supernova — Powered by ...
- Logo in planetarium show introduction
- Thirty second advertisement before planetarium show starts
- Ad in all 4 quarterly Programmes
- Logo display during Planetarium entrance
- 2 infomercial segments on screens in Foyer
- Logo display in planetarium pre-show video
- Named chair in the Planetarium
- Logo in ESO Supernova Foyer on Partner Wall
- Logo on ESO Supernova web site front page
- Logo in ESO Supernova flyer
- Logo in ESO Supernova quarterly programme
- Logo in ESO Supernova presentations
- Logo on ESO Supernova newsletters
- Name in ESO Supernova press releases text under "More Information"
- Logo on ESO Supernova web site Partners pages
- Logo in ESO Supernova social media channel posts
- One ESO press release and a corresponding ESO Supernova press release (sent via newsletters, posted on social media etc.)
- Logo on tickets
If you are interested in becoming our partner please contact us.