The Universe is our playground. Working at ESO with the ESO Supernova or general outreach can be a rewarding, motivational and inspiring job. If you wish to join our team, please check our recruitment page regularly.
Please regularly check our recruitment page for internship opportunities.
We rely heavily on the help of our valuable volunteers, especially after the opening in Spring 2018!
At the moment we have various tasks, most of which can be done remotely, that we are seeking voluntary assistance with. The types of task available are as follows:
- Administrative tasks
- Programming/technical tasks
- Science communication tasks
- Audience research tasks
There will be more tasks as we progress through the development of the ESO Supernova.
In early 2018 we will also be looking for volunteers who can assist by:
- Acting as tour guides in the exhibition
- Presenting planetarium shows
- Giving public talks
As an international organisation, our working language is English, so we ask that our volunteers are able to communicate in English.
As our volunteer you will enjoy several benefits:
- Infopack with branded materials (polo, pin, cap, mug, etc.)
- VIP access to guided tours for you and five friends or family members.
- 10 VIP entrance passes to regular shows from 2018.
- 20% discount in the ESOshop.
- Certificate of recognition signed by the ESO Supernova Coordinator and ESO Head of Outreach.
- Letter of recommendation from the Head of education and Public Outreach Department.
- Public recognition on our website.
If you want to join our team of volunteers, fill out the form below. We will then contact you when we have an opportunity for volunteers. Depending on your skills and interests you will be given tasks as small or as big as you can take.